Thursday 20 February 2014

So Long and Goodnight

"Fake your Death". The last song to be released by one of my favourite bands, My Chemical Romance. A fitting last song. Though the title seems to inspire false hope for a Sherlock-esque return.
I generally like my songs to have more guitar and bass in them, but for this song, the keyboard worked perfectly. It may have made me want to cry rather than sing-along whilst epically failing at air guitar but I liked it. I love the lyrics (please don't ask me to analyse them English teacher style) and the rhythm is easy to get into.

I really don't know what else to say about this song, but we should accept that it is MCR's last song, as much as I want to deny it.
Here's the video if you haven't see it yet:

Also, next month is the release of "May Death Never Stop You". I will say now that I will not be buying this, as I already have all the songs downloaded, if not on CD, can watch the music videos on Youtube and to be fair the T-shirt looks pitiful. I cannot justify spending £25 on something I've practically already got.
I have to say, I really really really love the title of this CD! I think it's an epic phrase, and fitting, as it's being released almost exactly one year since the band announced their split. It also gives a sense that the band lives on after they've broke up "beyond death" even, and the 'death' of the band doesn't mean we can't carry on listening to the brilliant songs they've produced.

I only started listening to MCR almost 2 years ago, and I cannot explain my love for this band in words. I'm so grateful for the sense of belonging their music has brought to me, it really reached out to me unlike any other melody has.

I take my hat off to you, My Chemical Romance, wish all the band members good luck with the rest of their lives and may death never stop you.

Keep Running xx

No comments:

Post a Comment