Sunday 23 February 2014

The End of Half Term

As I sit here typing this I can start to feel the back to school misery starting to settle in. It's the end of half term i.e. the end of procrastination.

I am so grateful that we get a week off halfway through the term. I don't think I could cope with 14 weeks straight of sixth form without a break. I had a glorious 6 days straight without any obligations, for the first time since the summer between year 10 and 11 (I'm in year 12 now). Not that it didn't stop my teachers from piling homework on us ("and you should be doing a very large amount of study on top of that" they cry). I had already completed Biology and Chemistry in my frees before we broke up (thank god for teachers who don't give you homework last minute).

Now, over those 6 days, I have completed (most . . . well, the stuff that mattered anyway) of the Maths, and none of the Government and Politics! You'd have thought I'd be doing something constructive that I enjoyed instead. Nope, not at all. I've been telling myself all these lovely things I could do. e.g drawing, learn to play that damned guitar, Wreck this Journal, read all those fanfics, or maybe make a video or get back in touch with photoshop. Go out for a walk. Cook something. Actually study.

Well, I met up with a friend, watched Star Trek IV and V for the first time, and err  . . . went to the dentist? The point is, I always tell myself I'm going to get my life sorted and do something, but I always end up procrastinating on tumblr. Even when I plan to do something I enjoy, such as reading fanfic, ('Oh look, a fic rec, this fic looks really good, I'll like the post and read it later!') I end up never doing. I could make some notes for a subject in preparation for the exams which decide my future, but no, I have to be on tumblr as much as possible, to look at gifs I have only seen at least 20 times before.

But I won't leave. I'd only procrastinate in a more pointless way. In short, I have had a relaxing time doing nothing and there is no point leaving me with free time and expecting me to actually do anything with that time.

Keep Running xx

No comments:

Post a Comment