Wednesday 6 August 2014

Day 2 - Tired Zombie Noise

 Today has been one of those kinda ugh days. I've found it hard to settle to any task and have found it difficult to listen to music. It's what I generally call a restless day I haven't been in a particular happy or enthusiastic mood but I think this is more due to tiredness than any sort of black mood.

Being around animals really helps prevent me from feeling too unmotivated. Nothing is better than an overly bouncy terrier who's pleased to see you for no reason or a fluffy cat to stroke or a tiny bunny to coo over. Today there was a cat called Tigger who had a blade of grass stuck up her nasal passage that had to be removed. It is likely she coughed after eating grass and it had shot up from her oesophagus. There was also a beautiful ragdoll cat called Lexie who had gorgeous blue eyes and a fluffy coat and nothing in particular wrong with her. A tiny 8 week old kitten was the source of amusement for the nurses this afternoon before afternoon consulting began.
There were of course, some really nice dogs around as well, such as one who had been spayed the previous day and one of the nurses had walked in this morning to find it and its kennel covered in blood from where the labradoodle had chewed her bandages and licked at her stitches. (The dog was fine btw) So kinda ew. Also there are a pair of westies which are there on holiday (the ones quite sickly) and one was sick and the other ate it. So yeah the dogs were a bit gross today, but I still love them.

On a different note, my mum kept bothering me when I got home about writing my personal statement for UCAS. I actually don't want to apply to university this year. I haven't done enough work experience and I'm not going to get the AS grades to get the predicted A level grades to get into vet school. I don't particularly want to take a gap year but it would be a good chance for me to catch up with myself and take a break from being so busy all the time.

I really need to go to bed or I'm going to be really tired tomorrow, which is not a good idea for trying to be motivated.


Keep Running xx

No comments:

Post a Comment